Welders are a multidisciplinary specialty that allows you to develop and move further along the path of self-improvement. The entry point in the profession is the 1st rank of the welder, and the specialist with the 6th category of the welder is recognized as the true master.
The profession itself is in demand in the modern world in industry and in manufacturing. You can buy it in special training centers.
There are several categories of welders:
- masters of work on press welded equipment;
- beam welding master;
- diffusion welder;
- electric gas welder;
- gas welder using termite welding.
In places for training and certification, you can acquire an initial level of knowledge and skills. After the completion of preparatory training courses, the 3rd rank of the welder is given. To raise your class, you need to constantly improve in your skills in metal cooking and go through re-certification. Therefore, in a year or two you can, if you try, improve your skills and earn the 4th rank of welder. Also in places of certification there is the possibility of gaining access to work in the oil and gas industry.
Why do we need a discharge of welders? The higher the rank the welder has, the more his professional qualities and the stronger his competitiveness, and the size of wages depends on this.
Studying in centers can go in several directions. The welder can study conventional electrode welding or semi-automatic. And he can study gas or mechanical welding practice.
How many discharges do welders have?
In practice, there are six categories of welders, a brief description of which is given below:
- 1st category welder – A welder heats workpieces and parts weighing up to 150 kg in various industrial furnaces from steel of various grades, non-ferrous metals and their alloys and ingots weighing up to 5 tons under the supervision of a welder of a higher level. Cleans furnaces from slag residues and scale. Turns over parts and workpieces. Feeds heated workpieces. As well as tacks for the next work of a master of a higher level.
- Welder 2 categories – Welds non-responsible nodes of metal structures, which are not basic and defining.
- Welder 3 categories – Such a specialist now, in addition to welding secondary sections, is allowed to welding and on the main sections of metal structures, as well as to welding pipelines that can withstand a pressure of not more than 16 atm.
- Welder 4 categories – Basic welding with cutting seams.
- 5th level welder – Welding of important sections of metal systems and devices, high pressure pipes, steam pipelines and so on.
- Welder 6 category – Such a professional responsible sections of pipelines, metal systems and devices, which can put a personal stigma.
However, the 3rd, 5th and 6th categories of welders are the most necessary.
A 3-digit degree is given to the welder after he graduates from preparatory courses or after completing his studies in professional institutions such as schools, lyceums and colleges. This level of basic knowledge and ordinary skills. A welder of this category uses the basic welding methods, performs simple welding work without any complications. The 3rd category includes masters of manual and arc welding.
Masters of the 5th category are highly qualified professionals. They work with more complicated and heavy nodes and systems. Masters of this level perform welding work on elements that are under high pressure. In addition to the experience of using electric gas welding, five-digit professionals are able to perform work with an electron beam. Such professionals are versed in a wide variety of equipment and have the necessary knowledge and skills to work with vacuum tight joints.
Professionals of the 6th category are the most valuable specialists. They perform any welding work in the oil and gas industry. A welder of this level is universal, because he can perform any weld work with various elements.
Welders are prepared in a theoretical and practical way. Studies are conducted in special institutions. The discharge level is set only by certification centers. Once a year, specialists pass certification exams for professional suitability for the rank and relevant qualifications.
Welders – craftsmen pass profile certification every year. If there was a delay of more than six months, then the welder must obtain permission to be allowed to continue his work. Masters who have successfully passed the examination on welding in horizontal and vertical planes are allowed to perform work in all positions, as indicated by a mark in the welder’s certificate.
Welders not younger than 18 years old are allowed to pass the certification exam. They must have a document confirming completion of a vocational educational institution or courses, as well as a document confirming the work experience in this specialty for at least 6 months.